Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Question: What are you thankful for today?

Sometimes passing on faith is simply requires stopping in the midst of your daily lives and asking an important question to remind us of the gifts and grace that we are given by God.  Ask a question and answer it and pray about it together as a family.

This can be a simple addition to saying grace at mealtimes.  Choose one question and everyone answer it and the be sure to include those answers in your prayer before dinner.  Two minutes adds a connection for your family and for your relationships with the Lord.

Today I was reminded to ask: What are you thankful for today?  When I thought about this question my mindset for the day shifted.  It was no longer about my to-do lists or laundry piles, but instead about the gifts I've been given.

What am I thankful for today?

* For cooler weather.
* For a cold that is starting to improve.
* For our Tuesday staff lunches together.
* For my son and his smile that lights up the room.
* For the time to tackle my cleaning list tonight.
* For the volunteers who serve St. Luke's.

This is just a handful of what makes me thankful today.  What about you:
 
What makes you thankful today?

Feel free to answer here for yourself in the comments and then take it to your family.  You may be surprised at what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment